Sunday, September 20, 2009

9/20

resting hr: 72

fatigue/soreness: 5 - I nonpurposely placed 3 out of 4 running workouts in a row. (I won't do that again! ha)

Run 10:20-11:20am

Izzie did a Sunday swim workout at Club Sport and invited me to run home with her (and she'd drive me back to my car). It was a longer run than either of us needed, but shes trying to cram some more workouts in and I'll just go along with things. Ran the 680 path that goes all the way to Main St. Bridge and then to her house. We took about a 5 min break to figure out which way to go and get some water, so ran about 55 mins.

total: 6 miles

Then I went to LVTC and hung out with Josh Davis (1996, 2000 Olympics) and Aaron Peirsol (2000, 2004, 2008 Olympics and multiple world records). Josh Davis was an inspiration to me in high school b/c he professed his Christianity, and as a celebrity athlete that was so cool for me as I was figuring out my faith-athlete integration. Josh runs a great show and keeps the kids super engaged. Aaron, a little out of shape since Rome, was AMAZING to watch in the water. Awesome day!

No comments:

Post a Comment