Monday, October 5, 2009

10/5/09

resting hr: 60

soreness/fatigue: 1

Cycle 8:30-9:50am

Me and Izzie rode the Dublin grade. I got another flat, and looked like my tire had several knicks in them that went all the way through. We fixed it, but I needed to get a new tire. It is definitely fall riding, a bit cool and crisp (and of course all the pumpkin patches are open!).

total: 18 miles

TVM Swim 11:30am-1pm

It was going to be a Monday easy workout, but I was thinking that it would be good training to do a 1,000 yds for time once a month. Knowing that this was going to be my easiest day of training all week, I got the guts to do it. Daniel said he wanted to see a 11:10....I laughed in his face saying that I wanted to be under 12:00!! He said he would not time that "crap" and said it AT LEAST had to be an 11:30. Now, I still consider that fast; I was going to be really happy with an 11:40 which is a 1:10 base. Well, my first 1000 fast since April and I went an 11:34 which I thought was a good compromise between me and Daniel. Plus, I checked my 500 split and it was about a 5:45 which means I basically even split it (which is great!) Maybe I should work my way up to multiple 1,000 for time. ;)

total: 3400 yds

1 comment: