Develop an attitude of gratitude, and give thanks for everything that happens to you, knowing that every step forward is a step toward achieving something bigger and better than your current situation.
-- Brian Tracy
Five things I am thankful for...
1. MY TWO BOYS - Nathan (my hubby) and Tank (my lab-great dane dog). They are both loyal, happy, and loving. I love being around them. Nathan challenges me - in more than the physical way that i'm used to. Tank cuddles!! I LOVE having a cuddle dog. I love them both.
2. ICE CREAM - yes, I am VERY thankful for ice cream. It has become a very important part of my Ironman training. I will not be lying if I said I had ice cream at least 5 times a week!
3. TRIGGER POINT FOAM ROLLER - My neighbor, who is a personal trainer at Club Sport purchased one of these AMAZING things after I was complaining about my butt. I have been trying to implement more of a stretching routine into my training. It has really helped my piriformis.
4. TEAMS - I am a sucker for teams. People coming together to accomplish something, striving for something, having similar goals/aspirations, and a disciplined lifestyle! I like charisma - getting people together. I am on 3 teams/clubs: Tri Valley Masters (TVM- the masters swim team I swim for), Livermore Aqua Cowboys (LAC- the kids club team I coach for), and Forward Motion Racing Club (FMRC - the tri club that I just joined and yet to be super-involved with).
5. COFFEE- Thats just another thing that I can not live without daily! It is my morning inspiration. No, I will not walk the dog yet. No, I will not start training yet. No, I can't see anything yet. NOT until I have my coffee!