Monday, February 22, 2010

car trouble, jury duty, and bears...OHMY!

ok, no bears....BUT the past 2 weeks have seemed to be crazy hectic/stressful/overwhelming. First, my Subaru was having an oil leak problem. Needless to say I spent 1 whole week basically trying to get the car into a certain mechanic, only to find out once its there that he won't do it. So, I had to pick it back up and figure out what to do next. During this I was called into JURY DUTY! This is the first time that I called the night before and wasn't dismissed. The idea of being picked on a jury STRESSED ME OUT! Stressed by the idea of lack of training and that Alex (at work) was having a baby this week and I would be covering for him. Day 1 (Thurs) - we had to fill out this 20-page questioner. Lets just say I made my answers a little more "stereotypical" (especially on the religious side). Day 2 (following Tues after presidents day) - we had to go back in and get questioned by judge and attorneys. THANK GOD I was one of the first 12 to be seated and questioned (60+ other people had to wait there for 4 hours LISTENING to our answers). Well, the attorneys did not like me, my "ultra-religious" world view, and my black and white view of law - so therefore, I was the SECOND juror to be released! And lastly, we got new couches (YAY!), but they were on craigslist to be sold ASAP so we did not have time to get rid of our current couches. So, now we have like 3 couches in our family room/kitchen - which is stressful in itself (where are we going to put these? does anyone need them? lets put them on craigslist, etc). So, this has been my last 2 weeks of stress - and it has really affected my training...mostly the consistency, the workouts I did have were good.

I'm not going to recap the full 2 weeks of workouts, I will just tell you the weekly totals.

Week 2/8-2/14 Totals
time: 12 hrs 15 mins
ytd time: 337 hrs 35 mins

Swim
time: 6 hrs 45 mins
ytd time: 116 hrs 15 mins
distance: 18,500 yds
ytd distance: 435,000 yds

Bike
time: 2 hrs 30 mins
ytd time: 138 hrs
distance: 35 mi
ytd distance: 1,910 mi

Run
time: 1 hr (ouch)
ytd time: 64 hrs 10 mins
distance: 5.1 mi
ytd distance: 370.6 mi

Week 2/15-2/21 Totals
time: 11 hrs 28 mins
ytd time: 349 hrs 58 mins

Swim
time: 3 hrs
ytd time: 119 hrs 15 mins
distance: 8,200 yds
ytd distance: 443,200 yds

Bike
time: 3 hrs 40 mins
ytd time: 141 hrs 40 mins
distance: 51.5 mi
ytd distance: 1,961.5 mi

Run
time: 3 hrs 18 mins
ytd time: 67 hs 28 mins
distance: 19 mi
ytd distance: 389.6 mi

2 comments:

  1. Swimming is still dominating your training. Just like running is still dominating mine. I MUST get back in the water. Ugh!

    ReplyDelete