Sunday, July 11, 2010

P.I.D

Post Ironman Depression...is what the second week after your IM will feel like, is what was described to me.

I have not been depressed. I think mostly b/c I've been so friggin busy. The time I would have been training/tapering is now spent sleeping and getting caught up and organized for my team(s). I do miss having a goal, so I've looked ahead a bit. I'm 90% sure I'm going to do another Tri in August or September...maybe even a 70.3. I feel like it'd be a waste to not use this base I have. I'm even debating a running race! Besides a Race for the Cure 5k I did in college, I've NEVER ran a running race. I'm looking into some trail races....just b/c it sounds more interesting. Yes, I know that most triathletes have their whole season planned out with A,B,C races....and I don't b/c #1 - I don't REALLY consider myself a triathlete (its not my complete lifestyle and identity) - #2 - its so darn expensive...and we are......um, in not highly paying jobs (I know, you're surprised that a swim coach isn't making 100k). So, I may have some more training updates soon.

There has been no training since IM CDA. I have swam about 5 times....twice in the water as a coach to help some IM Canada friends since their race is coming up and they wanted some tips (we'll see what happens in 1 month). I've ran 4 times....twice with the dog up "the ridge" (our regional park behind our house...trail running/hiking). My runs have been sans garmin....no idea how far, how fast, how long...LOVED IT! I have yet to be on my bike...not because I don't "want" to, but mostly b/c cycling just takes more time (that I haven't had).

These are some of the faces I've been able to hang out with everyday....


Yesterday, the FMRC IM CDA'rs had a reunion at Ernests' house with an awesome BBQ. It was a fun time to reminisce about our training and racing. We shared our highs and lows the day. We had many stories to laugh at and many stories to cringe at. We talked about when we would do another one, and how we would all train and race a bit differently. Our spouses were again supportive and joined in our accomplishments. I really appreciated doing that, and look forward more training and racing with these amazing athletes.

And.....one last picture of a time I reminisced about from IM CDA. I've been searching the internet for a youtube video or a picture of someone capturing MY MOMENT OF HUMILITY after the swim. And I've found it!!! So, please enjoy my 15 minutes of fame/shame! ;)

3 comments:

  1. LOL, that picture is hilarious!
    I'm glad to hear you are doing well, I've been thinking of you a lot. I've just wanted to text you, "how are you doing?" I was concerned about PID.
    If you feel like getting back on the bike, give me a ring. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome!! you need to frame that pic!! I'm so amazed you are able to run at all! I couldn't run for almost 5 weeks! I was so tore up! hope you are continuing to soak up your accomplishment :)
    your kiddo's are so cute and I can tell you are an amazing coach for them. I'm hiring you as my coach now too!! you rock! I've been working very hard on all your tips and guess what? I'm swimming sooo much faster now! I can do 10x 100's around 1:15's now for the first time in ages!!! I'm still working on it and I get very fatigued trying to keep it up the whole workout but all your tips are making a world of difference. thank you so so much, I can't tell you how much I appreciate it after 10 years of not so helpful stroke tips from people and former coaches :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad some of that has helped. that makes me very excited! pretty cool. 115's are legit...you can dominate tri swims with that :) KEEP IT UP!

    ReplyDelete